Wednesday, March 5, 2008

What a Great Birthday!

Thank you to everyone who called (or tried to call anyway)! It was a great birthday--this was only the second birthday that Michael and I have been able to be together since 2003!! He surprised me by coming home early from work and having a cookie cake and presents waiting for me. I was endulged with a new wallet (to match my Christmas purse) and a new Bulova watch :) They are beautiful!!
It took us awhile to figure out the parking situation. Eventually we had to ask a guy "Eigo??" --English?? ...and he helped us out.

This was the outside of the restaurant "Thai Thai" down in Naha, Okinawa:

It quite possibly was one of the neatest restaurants I have ever been to. We sat in these long tubes suspended from the ceiling that had stairs leading up into them. Hopefully you can tell from the pictures:

Here's a crosscut section:Us in our section of the tube (don't worry the beer isn't Michael's--service members can't drink off base right now):
What we saw when we looked down from where we sat (everything was partitioned off by blankets):Michael in front of the "tubes":
A different view of the bar area: Me heading back to the car (the restaurant was on the second floor and the whole stairway was lined in vines/leaves):
God gave me a little present too--I had a new hisbiscus bloom when I went to work in the morning :)

2 comments:

MSB said...

That place looks fantastic!

aviva5271 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.