Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Round 1

I'm trying to clear off our camera's memory stick before we head to China! A few weeks ago we went to a gigantic arcade/game complex down near the convention center - we had a blast! Our friend and her little boy came along with us too :)
Here is Michael playing the "Tokyo Bus Driver" game (that is the name we gave it ... not its "real" name). There were TONS of video games to play - all included with the admission fee!
Michael tried out the batting cages ... I did too, but I just don't dig baseball/softball like he does. I went and played on the indoor soccer field as well as the "shoot-out" game where you hit the different blocks in the area the size of a goal post - try to envision a tic-tac-toe board inside a goal post with little X's inside the board you have to shoot out a'la penalty kick style - I totally dominated that game. I still haven't lost my accuracy ;)

Katie's little man in the balls ... he had a blast since he is obsessed with balls!!
I even roller-skated - and opted for the old school 4 wheel skates. I totally rocked here too ... some things you just don't lose. See how fluid I look when I'm moving!? LOL!
It was A LOT of fun!! When Michael went back up to the batting cages, Katie and I took her little man down to the relaxation room to sit in the massage chairs. Not only could we have awesome massages, but any comic you could want (in Japanese tho) was lining the wall so you could read while relaxing. They even had some chairs on the outskirts of the kids play area ... how smart is that!?!

2 comments:

mo said...

Girls Roller Derby here you come!

Darcy Richardson said...

You look like you have the grace of a ballerina. . . :)