Friday, December 17, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

We were lucky to have my mom come down and celebrate Thanksgiving with us! We started the morning off right with a Bloody Mary on the deck to enjoy some sunshine:
Michael got right to work on his stuffing and the turkey ... I'm so lucky to be married to such an amazing chef!!
Bailey-cat hung out ... all day ... every day :P
We had to bust out the toaster oven so the sides would finish at roughly the same time:
Piggy super-snuggled with my mom whenever she got the chance:
My mom hanging out with the animals on the couch as we put up Christmas the day after Thanksgiving:
My mom and I went down to Balboa Park to see the sights. They were putting the Christmas tree together - what a process to watch!
My mom checking out the creche scenes:
Santa with his reindeer heading out:
My mom loves beautiful architecture so she thoroughly enjoyed the buildings that housed the museums! I actually got her to smile for a picture!!
'The Grinch That Stole Christmas' was being performed and a bunch of school kids were there for the performance:
Looking up at the Museum of Man:
There was a huge exhibit showcasing the Mayans ... very cool :)
another architecture pic ...
We had a great visit - my folks will probably need to come down again soon so they can escape the snow!!

No comments: