Monday, September 5, 2011

Wildlife

For some reason I've really gotten into bird watching so we put up a bird feeder filled with wild bird feed:
Well ... it was for me AND Bailey-cat. We're trying to keep her off the couches so we got her a stand to sleep on where she could look out the window at the birds and lizards :)
She likes it!
The only drawback is that it is attracting field mice and squirrels ... so I guess we need to push it further back in the tree (over the driveway)!
Piglet is still a sunbather:
I put my hummingbird feeder in the corner on the deck so we can enjoy them while we sit in the rocking chairs! They are such neat little creatures!
They are very territorial so it is rare to actually have 3 drinking at the same time!
We see lots of mid-air battles like this!
Random picture - how much fresher does the homemade pico look than the store bought!!
I was working on a research paper and the kids snuggled up with me :)
Bailey and 'kitty' having a stare-off :P
One afternoon I looked down at the driveway from the deck only to see 5 huge turkeys walking up the drive!!
We love it out here!! (minus the scorpions, tarantulas and snakes - of course)

No comments: