Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Paperwork Nightmare

After 5 days of filling out paperwork so that we can then fill out more paperwork, we are officially on the "inactive" housing list in Okinawa. But I still have to file for a brown passport, have an overseas health screening, and go through my own anti-terrorist training before we can even think about getting flights scheduled! I don't even want to think about setting up a move with TMO yet (can you say 3 separate packings ... and 18 copies of our orders?!). There is too much red-tape in the military!! Not to mention the frustration with the rear battalion command that thinks I'm an idiot and won't help me. Good thing I have my brother and sis-in-law (as well as some cute little girls!) coming down here on Friday to spend some time with me! What a great distraction they will be~ Just about a month and a half and my "magic legs" will be back to help me out!!

4 comments:

MSB said...

Plus, we have done an over-seas military move before... you think it is hard going together. Try getting command sponsored while one person is in Germany and the other one is in Washington!

Anonymous said...

it was meant to be, so everything will come out perfect Don't spoil my grandbabies to much!!!!!

MSB said...

ONE MORE DAY!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Have fun with Jeff, Mandy and the girls. I think it will be a nice break for you to have some family there!