Thursday, February 28, 2008

New Obsession

I have a new fixation (and Michael will probably make fun of me for this one too). I've already posted about my fascination with alligators...but that has since grown into gigantic "anythings". Little known fact about me?? Completely obsessed with the megalodon shark. There was this article on the Pliosaur aka "The Monster" on foxnews.com today. Here is a picture from that article:
This is a comparison of a killer whale, a blue whale, the new Pliosaur and a human diver.
(I hope the picture shows up, b/c gov't computers won't let it be seen on blogger).
Is it not amazing??? 60 dagger-like teeth the size of cucumbers, 10-foot-long jaws, 10-foot-long flippers--wow! Somehow, through some miracle, I'm still willing to get dive certified! I'm a little more terrified, but I think it is worth it to see the wonders that the ocean is filled with.
As a sidenote...I really don't like Feb 29th. Seriously. Do we really need to put another day b/w me and my birthday?? I doubt anyone else really notices that it gets slipped in every 4 years besides those of us with early March b-days. Maybe I won't be so hateful when I get older and then I'll be grateful for the extra day...we'll see.

1 comment:

MSB said...

That thing is freaky... sharks were enough to keep me out of the deep ocean. Now, I have another reason!