Friday, April 11, 2008

Zipline in Maui

My dad finally got to do a zipline in Maui! He has been wanting to go for ages and we were the lucky ones to get to experience it with him! It was absolutely breathtaking. I'm not sure I've ever had a more beautiful view, with a shot of adrenaline on the side! I was really nervous to go (since I'm afraid of heights), but I'm really happy I did it - and it wasn't really that scary since you never got that "stomach dropping" feeling. These were some of the longest and fastest ziplines in Maui (currently there are 3 different adventures). What an experience!!
My dad practicing "starfish" on the beginning line (it helps you slow down so you don't slam into the breaks at the end...it was that fast):
This was the first tower (after the "beginner" line):
Saddled up and ready to "zip away"!There I go!
The view from where you started the 2nd line:
Michael took a picture while ON the 2nd line:
My dad going down the 2nd line:
My dad and I after the 2nd line:
This was the view from the start of the 3rd line (you can see the start of the 4th line):

My dad had a slow track and didn't make it all the way to the end of the 3rd line (see video at bottom)...it was pretty funny :)
They had to throw him a rope to bring him in (again, see video at end b/c it was funny): I guess we forgot to take pictures from the beginning of line 4 to the end of the course, but it was a massive line! Here is a picture from the bottom:
It was the fastest and the longest run of them all...
What a rush!!
Thanks Dad!!

Here's a video with commentary from Michael, then seeing my dad not quite make it to the end:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh, so close to the end! Michael's commentary was great.