Saturday, August 22, 2009

Domestic Saturday

Michael does most of the cooking in our household ... but sometimes I just really want to try some recipes. Especially since we only have a year left on-island, I want to be able to make sure I can get my gyoza fix back in the states!
Here I am making homemade gyoza:
Concentrating on separating the wrappers ...
Steaming the little bundles of goodness (we like them better steamed rather than fried):
the finished Mexican lasagna - SO yummy!
While I was being domestic (for once), Michael and his friend Chuck went to the hobby shop and built plyo-boxes so we can do our CrossFit workouts at home (we've been drinking the Kool-Aid ...)
They did such a good job! I'll post pics once they are painted/sanded and have the matting on top:
Chuck earned some well-deserved PS3 time (while the gyoza was finishing) ... and some gyoza/lasagna to take home to his family :)
Thanks for your help Chuck!

No comments: