Saturday, August 1, 2009

Farewell to the Marine Corps and FE!

I finally started my new job with the Army last week. I'm the new Support Agreements Manager for USAG - Torii Station. It will be a very steep learning curve!! Its been a great introduction to a new environment with really superb co-workers. However, before I left, my old division had a farewell for me down at the Laguna Hotel.
Here we are enjoying the yummy eats:
After everyone was done eating there were speeches (yeah.) and gifts (yeah!). Here is LtCol Wallace giving his speech about my assistance to the FRF and DPRI sections. His first words? "You. Dirty. Traitor. The Army??" followed by "we couldn't let you leave without taking one last shot at you" ... which was then followed by everyone there shooting rubber bands at me:
Me: "What the hell!?"
Reading the brilliant sign they gave me for my new office. Its not appropriate for the blog though :)
My branch gave me this beautiful Ryukyu glass hanging plate and a set of Ryukyu glasses. I already have the plate hanging in my office!
Michael was actually able to make it!
So he took some wonderful candid shots ... thanks.
Rachel and I ... I'm trying to work my magic to get her a job up on Torii with me.
CDR Fetters, Rachel and me ... I'm really going to miss working with these two :(
Both of my supervisors while working at FE - Mike and Rose:
Our branch:
but we aren't lame - we're complete rockstars!!
Pretend like you can actually see us b/c this was the best shot we could get in the light:
Thanks for the memories USMC! (I'm sure I'll be back sometime in my career)

No comments: