Saturday, December 5, 2009

Michael's Mom Came To Visit!

Michael's mom, Phillis, came to visit for Thanksgiving! We were able to show off our island a little bit and she was the first person to stay in our guest room! I had to work the first few days, but Michael took her down to Shuri Castle:
Phillis with a big Shisa:
Michael and her in front of the castle:

Nothing like a little overpopulation:
We went and had our toes done at Cocok's so she had some fancy Christmas toes to take back to Texas:
We went down South to the glass factory:
... and then we went to Peace Prayer Park and ate at Cafe Caracuma (Thai in the Sky)!
at one of the memorials they had the cool origami cranes hanging:
We made pumpkin pies and German chocolate pecan pies for Thanksgiving (for the Marines and us):
Michael made his delightful stuffing:
We went to Expo Park and toured the Aquarium. Here is Michael and I in front of a turtle and a dolphin :)
We saw a REALLY cool close-up view of some dolphins:
Michael and Phillis got splashed:
We also saw the dolphin show where this cute little guy stuck his tongue out at us :P
I got caught in a megaladon's wrath:
and we ended the night with a perfect sunset :)
... even Baileycat LOVED the tunnel that Phillis brought her. We still can't keep her out of it!
Thanks for coming to visit us!

1 comment:

Kris said...

It looks like y'all had fun! PMO said she had a blast! I know I've already said it but I am so jealous because I wanted to come! I'm glad that y'all had a good time!