Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Slowly...but surely...

We are chugging our way through the last parts of this deployment! This next weekend will be the LAST holiday that he will miss b/c of being in the sandbox and I am so happy!! I'm definitely not saying that I'm looking forward to another hubby-less holiday...on the contrary, I'm rather dreading it. At least it is one more day that I can cross off...one day closer to him coming home! I find myself feeling guilty that my friend's still have so long until their husbands come back, but then reality hits that they were able to spend Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's...etc. etc... with theirs while I spent them alone.

On a different topic-I am so happy that we decided to take this Okinawa tour! The Marines are mobilizing 1,800 reservists involuntarily (1,200 of which would be called back mainly from aviation maintenance, combat arms and LOGISTICS SUPPORT), which means we may have been in that pool to choose from. This callback means these guys are heading back over to Iraq for a year-long tour at the beginning of next year. Hopefully, if things work out as planned, we won't have to spend much (if any) time in the IRR (the reserves). This was one of our biggest fears of getting out and it helps to know that God keeps putting little signs in our life to know that we have made the right decision.
Here is the article:
Marine Reservists Involuntarily Recalled

I just want Michael home already.

2 comments:

MSB said...

Not too long now!! We wish you could make it home for Easter (and Boo's birthday... which, by the way, you were on the list to get an invite, but I ran out and was too cheap to order 8 more for 3 invitations... I figured that since I knew that you were not going to come that you would understand!).
We love you!

Anonymous said...

Just think that once he's home, no more hubbyless holidays. Everything happens for a reason.