Sunday, December 2, 2007

Our "Landscaping" Project

This was our big project for the weekend. It seemed a lot easier on paper than it actually ended up being. It was a beautiful day to be outside so it was worth the hard work! We'll see if my tulips actually come up though. The soil over here is textbook clay. I swear you could mold it just like play-dough! If the bulbs can get through an inch of regular soil then they have a chance b/c it is all potting soil on top. Michael actually got really into it--even after he broke our first hoe while getting the weeds/grass out--he then had to go back to the PX to get another one (and some Roundup...b/c I wouldn't be me if I didn't have some Roundup in our shed). At least we have a distinguishable walkway now!
What it looked like before we started:

These were some of the tulip bulbs that I planted. I've never seen each bulb individually wrapped according to the color that they are! I'm glad that they are finally out of our fridge--they've been in there for almost 1.5 months!

Here is the finished project! When the 30+ tulips start to bloom it should be really pretty! (some of the rocks still had some moisture from the bag, but when they dried they were all one color)

No comments: