Saturday, November 8, 2008

Three...and done.

We are FINALLY done with all of the Marine Corps Balls.  We had the Officer's Ball last night.  It is hard to find someone to do your hair and makeup over here so my co-workers hooked me up with their hair stylist out in town.  It took me awhile to find the location...and when I got there, there was very little English spoken.  FUN stuff.  Luckily I had brought pictures with me and I can get by with my "skoche" Japanese.  Daijabou.  While I was getting my hair done I thought I heard a familiar laugh - come to find out it was my Col's secretary getting her hair done to wear with her kimono!  She is a complete trip ... she even brought her new little kitten with her (whom she named "Peace").  I ended up with hair that wasn't too bad, and my makeup was way better than what I could have done!
Me and Pigdog:
Michael and I at the ball:
Shelly and I plotting our escape:
Sawako-san and I (from the salon):

1 comment:

Darcy Richardson said...

How much fun would it have been to be able to go to one together? :) You look beautiful in all your equally beautiful gowns, per usual. I FINALLY updated again, don't count on another for 1 to 2 months. HAHA. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

BTW - Suzanne is my boss now. :)