Friday, December 8, 2006

Pics from the Sandbox

After all the nagging during the last deployment of getting hardly any pictures, Michael has been awesome about sending home some neat snapshots that he's been able to see this time around. The pictures below are at one of Saddam's old palaces that has been converted into a headquarters-type area (?) I don't get told specifics...its the military.

This is the dish-dash (I have absolutely no idea how to correctly spell that since it is Arabic), but that is how it sounds, that Michael was given by his Lt Col counterpart on base. I told him that he should get a lot of use out of it over there b/c it kind of weirds me out to see him in it. I guess it will make for good stories whenever we decide to have kids!


This is just a really late picture of the "Dining In" that 1/6 held in July, since the guys were not going to be here for the Marine Corp Ball in November. You can kind of tell that, my friend Sara's husband, Mat is holding up the Major on the far left. There were way too many martinis, shots and mixed drinks consumed at the "get together" at our house beforehand! Michael thrives on being the Battalion Bartender!! :)






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,

Can't see the pictures, but I'm at school and sometimes the network is wierd. Glad to see you are blogging. See you in a couple of weeks.

Love, Me

MSB said...

That dining in picture is too funny... I don't know if I have too many of the last ball we went to of our drunkards...
I like seeing the pictures of Michael... so, does Livi. She just said "keep Uncle Michael away from bad guys in 'raq".
Love you both.