Saturday, December 20, 2008

Random December Pictures ... and some ranting.

We're trying to prepare for another Christmas with just the two of us (still no takers for family to fly halfway around the world to visit us on a holiday ... I digress) but I made a trial run on some Cinnabon scones yesterday morning.  One word - DIVINE.  Wow, my mouth starts to water thinking about them.  So here is Michael with a cup of coffee getting ready to dippy-dip his scones with a smile (sidenote - "dippy-dip" was stolen and adopted from my niece Olivia when she was really little eating breadsticks and red sauce ... not that it matters, just thought I'd share a little insight into our crazy minds).  
A rant if I may:
The month of December is generally the only time I will allow myself to spend a fortune on the Coffee at Starbucks.  However, on the first of only two trips we went there I was unpleasantly surprised to find that the miser Starbucks has decided that Okinawan customers do not need Peppermint Mochas!  This is the only coffee I'll step foot into Starbucks for (unless its a desperate need for some caffeine and no SBC or Tully's is around)!  No wonder the economy is in the toilet - j/j.  I did find a decent alternative - and Michael has made the claim that he actually likes it better (of which I promptly told him to bite his tongue) ... the Gingerbread Latte.  Whatever Starbucks ... whatever.  

So on to more pictures from my camera that I'm hoping I don't ever have to use again after Christmas because I'll be getting a new one:
Here is little Pigdog all sleepy on the ottoman:

and that's all she wrote.  I was just trying to get the last of the pictures off my memory stick so come Christmas morning I am ready to go with uploading off a new camera.  I am going to be SO disappointed if Michael doesn't come through on this one, aren't I!?

2 comments:

MSB said...

You know we would visit in a heartbeat... but, we couldn't even afford flights to WA this year (and the thought of having Boo on a flight that long actually makes me shutter!)... we are home just the four of us this year.

MSB said...

Oh yeah... Starbucks... I am SO SORRY. I only allow myself drip coffee on Sunday's before church... except for December. I get a white chocolate peppermint mocha... divine (stealing your word for the moment).
You should write and complain as an American Military spouse living overseas wanting a taste of home at Christmas... maybe they will send you a gift card!