Thursday, October 15, 2009

Ocean Park & Temple St. Night Market - Hong Kong

This was just a block away from our hotel on Kowloon Peninsula in Hong Kong. It was a really fun area to shop in :)


Everything was so short! I could touch the ceiling without jumping!
Our first full day we went to Ocean Park. Ocean Park is known for it's amusement park rides, aquarium (which is sub-par compared to Oki's) and it's panda bears!
This is totally a panda bear overload - deal with it - I LOVE PANDAs.
This guy was sleeping in the giant panda habitat. They keep it really cold in their environment, which made me happy. In Guilin it was super hot and the panda was panting :(
Looking out over the lower part of the park:
I really liked how they gave lots of info on pandas ... and they also showed lots of pictures from the earthquake in 2008 when the panda exhibit was completely ruined. It was really sad looking at some of the pictures:
This guy was AMAZING!! Here is where I go nuts with the pictures:
I even took some movie of him eating:
The pics pick up right after the video ends:
Getting a drink:
This is when he started to ham it up right in front of us. Michael took an AWESOME video ... and then our camera battery died before it processed and saved :*( I could have cried I was so upset:

This guy was next door ... and didn't move:
Right across the way were 3 "Red Pandas" or "Firefoxes" ... and they were so cool:
It reminded me of a cross between a panda and a raccoon:

They reminded me so much of Piggy and Bailey when they were playing:
The best part is that this whole area is air-conditioned!! It keeps the animals cool and they still get natural light:
After there we went to see the sea lion show, which was really cute:
After that show, we headed up to the other side of the park (via train) to look at the aquarium and to watch the dolphin show:
It did not disappoint!
Then came the scary part ... the cable car ride back down to the lower half. We were up really high:
Here we go:
Braving a smile:
Michael kept moving around to take pictures ... which meant he kept rocking the cable car - which I did NOT like:
A bird's eye view of the lower park:
"smiling"
My real feelings ... when I didn't know the camera was on - a little apprehensive:
After a yummy dinner at Tai Woo eating lettuce/crab wraps, cashew chicken, and ginger fish rice, we went to the Temple Street Market:
Picture block after block just like this. We. Shopped. and it was awesome b/c it was SO cheap.

No comments: