Monday, August 6, 2007

Another Day On Island

Well--Michael found the place to check in, only to have someone hunt him down and tell him the Col had been looking for him all day. Of course, his first thought was "what have I done already...without even checking in yet?!" Evidently, the Col was just so glad to have a "living, breathing officer standing in front of him". What?! Our best guess was that he had had quite a few officers pulled from his battalion before they had actually checked in so he was glad that Michael was actually there. Whew... We're also thinking that Michael is pretty safe from being pulled from this battalion to deploy since there was a list of over 50+ Marines and only 7 of them had deployed already! Then again...until we're done with the military we're not saying anything is certain!

I have another long day in the hotel room. It's really cloudy here...but still insanely hot. I thought Houston was hot and muggy when I lived in Texas. Then I thought that Camp Lejeune was hot when we were living in NC. They have absolutely NOTHING on Okinawa!! Holy cow...since starting this paragraph it has become a torrential downpour outside. It'll be interesting to see how long it lasts. I digress... I guess I was rambling about how crazy-hot it is here. Within five minutes of being outside and walking, your body temperature rises quick enough to make you start sweating profusely. Hopefully this degree of heat is only for a few more weeks.

I did find out why I couldn't see my post last night. Evidently blogger won't show my post until Eastern time hits the time when I posted over here (13 hours later). Weird huh. In case people were wondering, we are 16 hours ahead of the Pacific Coast. That was strange to talk to my parents at 1pm Monday and it was still Sunday night for them!!

2 comments:

MSB said...

You will get used to the time difference... you will not get used to the "predict the future" comments... what is Monday like?

Do you need me to send you some TV on DVD to borrow while you wait for TV? We have Friends, Dawson's Creek, Sex in the City, some Will and Grace and some ER... just let me know.

As soon as you get your license, get used to driving and then take a new road whenever you get a chance. I found the best florist, a toy store and a really cool park that way!

Anonymous said...

Tell Michael I expect him to be a drifting champ now that he watched fast and furious tokyo drift. haha