Thursday, September 27, 2007

The "Farmer's Market"

These next two pictures were on the expressway on our way to the "farmer's market". Notice the King Kong on top of the building.Everywhere you go there are hibiscus' growing! The side of the expressway was covered in them!
SO.....
We get to the "farmer's market"...and I will give Michael the benefit of the doubt, it looked like it was a market for produce. From the road anyway. Once you stepped out of your car the nastiest smell ever hit your nostrils! I think there was sewer runoff that ran directly underneath the market...you could see a "stream", and I definitely wouldn't be surprised if it was raw sewage. How people were able to buy and/or eat some of the food they were selling there was beyond me (just because of the stinch). It made me physically ill...we were only able to stay long enough to get a general picture that this was more a "flea market" than "farmer's market". There were even women there selling items that they had obviously gotten from the commissary and were re-selling (illegal).
I think this was Michael's reaction to:

this.all I can think of for a caption is: WTF?!?!

This was an interesting event for us, to say the least.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As I'm scrolling down I first see Michael's face in the picture and I start laughing and then I see the "thing" and hillarious, laugh out loud!!