Monday, September 24, 2007

Something to Do?

I have lots of new pictures to upload, but I actually have things going on this week! We went to a different camp on Saturday where there was a "supposed" farmer's market. I'll post pictures and give a more detailed description later...We also pulled over to a nice little beach to take some pictures, and I was able to put my feet in the water for the first time over here! Back in NC the water was COLD! Not so much over here...it is at LEAST 80 degrees! It's warmer than bath water and I love it! On Sunday we hit the downtown area of some little town and found some neat paintings for our bare walls (eventually I'll do another video walk through so you can see how much it has changed since we first moved in). ..and yesterday I went to my first O-wife event! SO much different than Lejeune. I ended up joining MOSC (Marine Officer's Spouse's Club)...I think that is what it is anyway. There is a NOSCO too for Navy wives. So, hopefully, I can start meeting new friends a little easier over here. I joined this club that all we do is jump on Space-A travel and go to different places! At least that is what I gathered from my questions, we'll see what it really is. Of course I joined the Bunco group b/c I really enjoy playing bunco (where bad luck pays off sometimes!) and a wine enthusiasts group. Then my friend Laurie and I decided to add one more to our repetoire and we joined the Okinawa Int'l Women's Club (I could be way off on the name of this one too)...where it is a group of American women and Japanese women and one month we'll have a Japanese event and they'll teach us, and the next is our turn to teach them. We also break it down into smaller "Culture Groups" to have a little more interaction with people. Whew...we'll see if I can get a little busier now! I'll try and post pictures a little later.

2 comments:

MSB said...

Welcome to the life of an overseas military wife... I miss it so much!

Anonymous said...

SOUNDS LIKE A LOT OF FUN TIMES AHEAD.