Thursday, September 27, 2007

Sushi Time!

We finally got around to making our own sushi rolls! We only used cucumber, crab meat, avacado, cream cheese, sesame seeds, and wasabi mayo (a California Roll of sorts) in these ones. Maybe next time we'll actually use some fish! I was the lucky one that got to make the sticky sushi rice (that was a trip!)
All of our ingredients:

Michael rolling the first batch (we definitely got better with more practice).

I rolled this one! It was fun to use our new sushi set too. That wasabi on the table is probably the hottest wasabi we have ever had--it's awesome! Michael picked it up at Jusco when he had to buy more dried nori (seaweed).

Enjoying the fruits of our labor!
Yumm!

2 comments:

MSB said...

Wow! You posted so much!! I love it!
Isn't getting used to a different culture amazing! You seem to be adapting... I am so happy for you!
I can't wait to try your cali rolls, but I think I will skip the market!

Anonymous said...

Hope your doing Ok with the earthquake and all. Stay safe.