Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Code Delta

Thank you Constant Vigilance Anti-Terrorism Exercises 2008 - for making me late to work. We knew it was coming, but they were scheduled to start at 0800...not 0600. All Marine Corps Bases on Oki were locked down on Code Delta (in reality, Code Delta would happen if there was a terrorist on the island and you couldn't leave or come on any of the bases and there would be gates locked up, Marines at the gates that are open with weapons, etc) today as part of an exercise. We were on complete lockdown for about 1.5 hours and then we were allowed to leave base. However, we were lucky enough to have them choose our neighborhood to hold hostage situations with terrorists. So this is what I left to...and what I came home to. When I opened the door this morning I was still brushing my teeth and the Marines were actually in our front yard as well as 2 cameras- good stuff, huh. I love the port-a-potty's. They're classy.
I think I did more recon than they did...trying to get these photos without getting caught :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good words.