Friday, May 23, 2008

Ms. Sadie's Retirement Luncheon

A little old Hawaiian lady that I work with retired yesterday and these are some pictures from her retirement luncheon. She worked for DoD on Okinawa for 57 years!! Evidently, in her prime she was a force to be reckoned with - she could even recite orders from memory if you just gave her the order number! She is a sweet old lady and I'll miss her smiling face when I walk into the Col's office.
We gave her a gold watch (among many other things) as a retirement gift and she was tickled pink (she is holding a "Sayonara Doll" signed by all of FE):Some of the past Facilities Engineers Asst Chiefs of Staff came back to wish her well:
Some girls from my office performed a hula dance for her:The big guy on the right is also from my office (Shima-san) :)
The Col was reading her notes that Lt Gen Zilmer and Maj Gen Krussa-Dossin had written to her in a copy of the Okinawa Living book:

No comments: